The SC-S40600 incorporates Epson’s latest heat-free PrecisionCore print head and UltraChrome Eco-Solvent ink technology. It produces prints that are brighter and glossier than ever before with a wider colour gamut. It produces quality product, using lower pass rates and less ink, with simpler configuration, easier operation and faster job completion. Prints dry quickly to enable same-day job turnaround and machines require minimum maintenance. Ink has a low odour to enable operation in a wide range of commercial, business and office environments.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- Superior Performance – Produce Billboard Prints at speeds up to 29.4m2/hr
- Superior Media Support – Supports Paper, Canvas, Vinyl and Film stocks, in widths up to 1626mm (64-inch) and thicknesses up to 1mm, in rolls up to 45Kg & 250mm in diameter
- Superior Print Quality – Latest heat-free PrecisionCore Printhead, new UltraChrome GS3 ink, improved MicroWeave & LUT, self-agitating ink lines, improved paper path with upgraded feed management and a new Advanced Auto Tension Control System
- Superior Integration – Compact design with flexible networking, suits installation in a wide variety of operational environments, runs off a standard 240V power supply, ships complete with Epson Edge Print software and can be driven by variety of a 3rd party RIP applications
- Simpler & Easier to Use – Can be loaded by a single operator with auto media set-up and skew correction, features a see-through platen cover with integrated lighting, and new Epson Edge Dashboard management software
- Reduced Maintenance – New Self Cleaning Printhead and Air Circulation system with mist extraction
- Reduced Production Costs – Uses new low cost 700ml ink cartridges with Reduced Ink & Power consumption, ships with an Integrated Auto Take-Up, supports Remote Management, Remote Status and Error Reporting
- Increased Durability – Features a Strengthened Chassis and a new Printhead Guard, backed by a Comprehensive 1 year Warranty with Optional Cover that can be extended up to a total of FIVE YEARS
Superior Quality & Consistency
The printer uses new Eco-Solvent UltraChrome GS3 ink. The ink has increased pigment density for brighter prints with reduced consumption. It features a revised formulation that further enhances the colour gamut (particularly in Magenta & Yellow) while significantly increasing gloss levels for prints that provide maximum depth and ‘punch’. Using 4 colours it can produce a gamut that is equal and in some cases wider than competing product with 6 or more inks. All colours have an un-laminated outdoor lightfastness rating of 3 years and as with the previous generation, GS3 is Nickel Free with a low VOC for minimum odour. Epson also now offers a special cartridge set for customers who which to produce material that has print durability warrantied under the 3M MCS Program#. Printers are suitable for installation and operation within a wide variety of environments including factories, shops and air-conditioned offices*.
The printer features a strengthened chassis that is robot assembled and laser welded for extreme parallelism. It features inbuilt levels to enable easier installation and increased adjustment to cope with uneven flooring. A new ‘Closed Mushroom’ paper path has been implemented in conjunction with an enhanced Media Feed System for superior tracking. The feed system features upgraded rollers and a new Advanced Auto Tension Control (ad-ATC) which intelligently and actively manages the various feed motors. The potential for media wandering and head crashes has been reduced while linearity and take-up accuracy has been improved. Print is more consistent, off-line processing is easier, and output can be produced for tiling applications.
The printer uses new Eco-Solvent UltraChrome GS3 ink. The ink has increased pigment density for brighter prints with reduced consumption. It features a revised formulation that further enhances the colour gamut (particularly in Magenta & Yellow) while significantly increasing gloss levels for prints that provide maximum depth and ‘punch’. Using 4 colours it can produce a wider gamut than competing technologies with 6 or more and when applied in conjunction with Epson’s new WIDE CMYK profile output can be achieved which exceeds the Pantone space. All colours have an un-laminated outdoor lightfastness rating of 3 years and as with the previous generation, GS3 is Nickel Free with a low VOC for minimum odour. Epson also now offers a special cartridge set for customers who which to produce material that has print durability warrantied under the 3M MCS Program#. Printers are suitable for installation and operation within a wide variety of environments including factories, shops and air-conditioned offices*.
Simpler & Faster Operation
The SC-S40600 has been designed for fast and flexible ad-hoc production. Inks adhere to vinyl, canvas, film, photographic paper and banner substrates. They dry quickly to enable continuous roll-to-roll production and outgas rapidly for same-day job turnaround complete with lamination.** The printer supports single operator media loading with an integrated easy lifter and a platen release that is accessible from the rear. Media setting can be achieved quickly with auto skew correction and downloadable profiles. In-line flow regulators re-agitate the ink before it passes to the print head to ensure more accurate and consistent colour density in environments with low and/or intermittent production.
The printer features a new see-through platen with integrated lighting to enable direct progress monitoring. It ships complete with Edge Print software software and is compatible with a wide range of 3rd party RIP applications for customers who require advanced RIP functionality and/or workflow management. It also ships with Epson Edge Dashboard software that enables local/remote configuration and management. The software supports up to 10 printers and provides access to interactive user manuals, tutorials, firmware updates, downloadable media & print profile settings. The printer ships complete with an Auto Take-Up for continuous roll-to-roll production and can be configured to transmit status and error updates via e-mail.
Easier Maintenance and Lower Running Costs
The SC-S40600 has been designed to address the increasingly competitive nature of the signage market. It provides superior and more consistent output with faster job turnaround, reduced downtime and lower production costs. It features a durable long lasting printhead enclosed in a new guard. The guard protects against media crashes while collecting dust that may otherwise spoil prints with smudges and miscellaneous ink drops. The printer incorporates a new Automatic Head Cleaning System that engages a Fabric Wiper to remove ink and fluff build up. It also incorporates a new air circulation system that removes airborne dust and ink particles, collecting them in filters that are replaced every 3 to 6 months (along with the Fabric Wiper). Less print wastage occurs and there is a significant reduction in the amount of manual cleaning and maintenance.
The printer confirms Epson’s corporate directive for cost effective and durable operation with minimum environmental impact. It consumes Less Power and Less Ink is used to produce Superior Quality Print. Its large 700ml ink cartridges that are also cheaper to purchase.