Charti is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information we collect in relation to you is
primarily use this information to identify and fill your orders, and to personalise your shopping
experience with us.
collected offline. By accessing our web sites, you acknowledge and agree to the uses of
Information we collect
When you visit our website or shop with us online, we collect information about you and/or your
use of those web sites. This information falls into three categories: Customer Information, Usage
Data and IP Address Details. Depending on the category, the information may be considered to
be personally identifiable information.
Customer information is information you explicitly provide to us when you make an online
purchase or you sign up to receive our newsletters, including your:
- email address
- shipping and billing addresses
- payment details
Customer Information can usually be used to identify you.
Usage Data is general information about how you interact with our web pages and web sites,
- pages you visited on our web sites
- how you came to the website (e.g. via our newsletter or an advertisement)
- which particular buttons or links on the site you clicked
- whether you have been to the site before
Usage Data is collected using cookies (or similar technologies) placed by us and by third parties
(see ‘Who the information is shared with’ below). Cookies are small pieces of data that a website
sets in your browser, and which may assign an anonymous identifier to you. Usage Data is not
ordinarily considered personally identifiable information.
Whenever you use our websites, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages
are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can
send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address associated
with your computer is called its “IP address” and is sent automatically each time you access any
Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic
location of that computer but not the specific user. We do not keep a long term record of the IP
addresses from which you access our site except where you have specifically provided us with
information about yourself. for example, when you make a purchase, we may record your IP
address for security purposes.
How we use the collection information
We use your Customer Information for processing and filling orders placed by you, directly
marketing our products, delivering our newsletters to your mailbox, and other activities involved
in the day-to-day business operations of Charti. Charti uses the latest 128-bit SSL (secure
sockets layer) encryption technology to protect your Customer Information when you purchase
from our online store.
Usage Data & IP Address
We use Usage Data to assist us in understanding the online behaviour of our customers, which
helps us to focus our marketing activities and improve the service we provide on our web sites.
Using web analytics services on our web sites enables us to measure, collect, analyse and report on Usage Data for the purposes of understanding and optimising customers’ experiences on our web sites.
Geographical location information contained in the Usage Data enables us to tailor your
experience on our web sites by displaying different content based on your location, such as local
currency and pricing, local advertising offers, and content in your preferred language.
We may also use Usage Data for remarketing (sometimes called retargeting) to better target our
Who we share the information with
We share Usage Data with a number of other parties for a range of purposes, including to:
- handle payments securely (via PayPal Inc. and Braintree Payment Solutions LLC)
- distribute direct marketing materials from Charti (via Mailchimp and Customer.io)
- connect to social networks
- pay commission to our affiliates
- target advertising by sending your Usage Data to our advertising partners, such as Google and Facebook
Usage Data is either collected directly by or disclosed to third parties during the course of a
session on our website, or during advertising or marketing campaigns.
We only share Customer Information with providers directly involved with online transactions
(e.g. PayPal), or when you have opted in to receive direct marketing material (e.g. via
Your say and how to ‘opt out’
Please note that we do not respect the Do Not Track setting available in your web browser.
You can contact us to request access to your Customer Information, and any other personal
information about you that we may. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period
and provide you with access, except in certain limited circumstances. You can ask us to correct
any personal information that is not accurate, up-to-date, complete, and relevant or is
misleading, and we will change it where reasonable to do so.
For further information about access and correction, or if you have any complaints or concerns
about how we manage your Customer Information or Usage Data, please contact us at the
details provided below.
If you no longer wish us to use your Customer Information, Usage Data or IP Address Details for
certain purposes, you can do any or all of the following:
- opt out of receiving online communications from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter, advertisement or other communication (as applicable)
- delete existing cookies from your web browser and/or disable cookies on your computer and/or other devices (as appropriate). Depending on the particular browser you are using (e.g. Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), this can usually be done on your computer by accessing your ‘Browsing History’ through the ‘Settings’ or ‘Options’ menu (or equivalent) in your web browser, or if you are using a different device, then in the ‘Settings’ for that device. If you do not disable cookies in your web browser, and you subsequently visit our website, fresh cookies are likely to be placed and you may need to repeat the process of deleting existing cookies
- alter your ad preference settings in each of Google and Facebook, and on the platforms of other providers, if you have access to do so
If you do opt out of receiving communications directly from us, we will no longer use your information for those purposes. If you disable cookies in your web browser, or delete existing
cookies, our web sites may not work properly and your experience with our web sites will be less
personalised and may make your shopping experience less enjoyable. Deleting existing cookies
from your web browser may also cause it to lose recorded information for other web sites, such
as previously used usernames and passwords.
Your withdrawal of consent for us to use your information for certain purposes may mean that we
can no longer provide our services to you. For example, many of the services of the other
providers referred to above, such as PayPal Inc., are integral to our online sales model, and any
refusal to disclose Customer Information is likely to prevent us from being able to complete
online transactions with you.
you at the time of the change, and any such information created or received after the change
there have been any changes that may affect